STARTING Saturday, June 2, the Filipino community on Guam will be holding several activities and events in celebration of the 114th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence.
This weekend, the community is invited to support and participate in the following activities:
Saturday, June 2
- On the Spot Painting Contest organized by the Guam Filipino Artists (GFA) 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Agana Shopping Center.
- Santacruzan organized by the Filipino Ladies Association of Guam (FLAG) 5 p.m. at the Agana Shopping Center (Center Court).
- "Mikit Tamu King Milabas," a zarzuela/concert featuring Arti Sta. Rita and produced by Serendipity Hype Production Inc. 6 p.m. at the St. Anthony Catholic School Gymnasium.
Sunday, June 3
- OBRA II, an art exhibit featuring the works of the Guam Filipino Artists (GFA) 2 p.m. at the Agana Shopping Center.
Monday, June 4
- Fiesta sa Nayon sa Guam, a Filipino Food Festival featuring Filipino chefs from Plantation Bay Resort in Cebu, Philippines 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Alize Restaurant of the Guam Reef Hotel. The festival runs from June 4 to 18.